13.2.08

Tomato and spinach spaghetti carbonara

This isn't a traditional carbonara by any means, but I feel at has enough similarities to still be called one. To make the pasta I cut a handful of grape tomatoes into halves, minced one clove of garlic and tore up a couple handfuls of baby spinach. I then whisked up two eggs with a splash of cream and a handful of grated parmesan cheese, along with a bit of sea salt and black pepper. I did this while cooking up a pot of spaghetti. Once the pasta was cooked, and drained, I tossed the vegetables and garlic into the pot and mixed around til the spinach started to wilt. I put the whole thing back on medium heat on the stove and poured in the egg and cheese mixture and continued to stir. The eggs only need about a minute on some heat to coat the pasta and cook. To finish, season with some more salt and pepper if needed and serve.

Really simple and satisfying!

No comments: