14.2.08

I "Heart" Chocolate Chip Cookies!

In honour of Valentines Day, I picked up some heart shaped cookie cutters from my local dollar store and decided to test them out with my favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe.This recipe comes from Anna Olsen's Sugar and, in my opinion, is the perfect recipe. I love my chocolate chip cookies to stay chewy and the inclusion of corn starch in the dough keeps them that way. To make these cookies you will need:
  • ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teasp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 teasp corn starch
  • 1 teasp baking soda
  • ½ teasp salt
  • 8 oz choc chips
Method

Preheat Oven to 350 F.
Cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown around the edges.

For heart shaped cookies, I pressed some dough into the smaller of my cutters onto the baking sheet. These cookies have enough butter in them that the dough easily released from the mold by lightly pressing down while lifting the cutter.

*Because these are "dropped" cookies instead of a rolled cookie they required a bit of additional shaping, using the end of a spoon, right out of the oven while still soft.

No comments: