29.3.08

Earth Hour day's events

I unofficially celebrated Earth Hour for the first time this year. I say unofficially because I wasn't at home for Earth Hour so, by default, all of my lights in my apartment were off anyway. In any case, here's a breakdown of my Earth Hour day's happenings.

5:30 am: Woke up to take birth control. Then went back to sleep.
(Yes, I wake up every morning at 5:30. It's the earliest time I get up throughout the week for work and, since it's disastrous when I try to regularly take a pill in the middle of the day, I keep myself in check by always doing it early.)

8:00 am: Alarm went off again. This time I got up and ready for work.

8:30 am: Prodded Andy to wake up.

9:00 am: Prodded Andy to wake up again. He's my Saturday ride to work so if he's late, I'm late.


9:45 am: Arrived at the bakery beside my work and supported their general awesomeness by buying a muffin and some juice for breakfast.
(This place is great, they knew my lunch order... roasted vegetable sandwich on ciabatta... and co-worker's lunch orders by heart after only a couple visits.)

10:00 am - 6:00 pm: "Worked" at one of two part time jobs, selling Apple computers at a reseller. It only pays minimum wage but is worth it for the only one day a week commitment and added perks including getting everything at cost, access to "Not For Resale" copies of software, and the most laid back atmosphere imaginable.

6:05 - 7:45pm: Went to Tim Horton's and then Chapter's with Andy. Purchased Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, the latest issue of BUST magazine, and the Veganomicon cookbook. I realized while in the checkout line that I probably looked like an indy stereotype, then shrugged, and paid for my books.

EARTH HOUR: Ate the best westernized Chinese food, made by actual Chinese people, that you can get at the Golden Dragon in Oakville. Their hot and sour soup makes visiting this place worth it all on it's own. Andy and I are somewhat regular customers, our first visits dating back 4 years to my first year at Sheridan College across the street. The owner and Andy also share a love for the Blackberry so our ordering process is always overshadowed by them talking about said device. The benefit of our loyal patronage is getting discounted (and some free) food with each visit.

9:00 pm: Rented Michael Clayton for viewing tomorrow night and headed home.

No comments: